Week 12 Lab: Storybook Research

I did my lab this week on researching where I plan to take my storybook next. I don't know how well and how far I will take it yet until I begin writing, but I need at least some sort of idea. Also, considering how little I know about this culture, research can be nothing but helpful at this point.

I looked more into Pradyumna's story as an overview on top of Wikipedia, the book I'm reading, and the comic book I read. I don't think you can research too much... unless you use it as procrastination.

I then did a bit more research into Krishna. Pradyumna is the son of Krishna and I need to know his story as well if he's to appear in my storybook. Krishna is considered the eighth incarnation of Vishnu, which makes him a big deal in Hinduism. 

I didn't remember looking over Rukmini's Wikipedia page. She is Pradyumna's mother and the number one wife of Krishna. She's also the goddess of fortune.

I then figured I needed to know more about the relationship between Krishna and Rukmini. I discovered that they got married because Krishna essentially kidnapped her at her own request. He had then had to fight against an army to keep his lady and then was able to wed her. Everyone was happy about their marriage, but Krishna had to prove himself first.

And last but not least, I looked into what marriage ceremonies are like in India. Specifically geared towards Hinduism. This is quite different than the typical ceremonies that happen in America that I'm used to. I had no idea, so this was an interesting subject.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Notes: Pradyumna Part C

Week 11 Story: Grum Learns a Lesson

Reading Notes: Krishna Epified Videos